Thursday, August 30, 2012

welp

i'm back from my mission.
is that weird?

anyway, here i am.
i am sure that i will tell alllll about my mission bit by bit...
but essentially i had the time of my life.
i loved it. A LOT.














basically everytime i try to truly describe how i feel about my mission...all i can do is cry.
it's pathetic.
but i just can't find the words!
it has meant the world to me to serve the Lord
it made me so happy
even more than usual :)

i loved everything about it.
for a year and a half i got to dedicate every living moment to my Heavenly Father and to Jesus Christ
i served Him by serving His children....
and helping them find salvation
it amazes me that He lets us do something SO important.
i've been humbled and i feel so grateful.

and man am i going to miss it!! i already do.

let me also say, that i know my mission was a lot bigger than just those 18 months. it is only the beginning of a lot more. and the mission helps to prepare me for that "more" that will come in my life. the experiences i had will continue to influence my decisions.
not to mention, there is more to come in the lives of the people that i worked with, taught and helped.

and, this isn't the end to my service to the Lord. i still have everyday for the rest of my life for that :)

but i thought i would give a small summary of what i learned....
like, really small.

1. the Atonement is real.
2. God loves His children.
3. i can't live without the priesthood in my life
4. planning is essential
5. obedience. obedience. obedience.

part of me feels silly putting the millions of things i learned into just a few bullet points....but that really about sums it up.
and truly....no words can do it justice.


what i'm trying to say is,

i loved my mission
i love the Lord
the Church is true


and life is good.

2 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

Casey, we are so glad you are home. Sorry we didn't make it to your open house, we had seminary fireside for Austin and Aubrey. We wish we could of been there!

Leslie said...

YEA!!! Great post Casey! I know you were an awesome missionary!! So glad you're home so we can play with you!! :) You're the BEST!