Saturday, November 3, 2012

gossip

It is just as cowardly to judge an absent person as it is wicked to strike a defenseless one. Only the ignorant and narrow-minded gossip, for they speak of persons instead of things.  
Lawrence G. Lovasik 




I am working on a presentation for one of my classes. My topic=gossip.
So...I've been thinking a lot about gossip lately: what it is, what it does, why it matters.
I've also been thinking about how much GOOD can be done by saying nice things about people. 
The power of a kind word.
But, I would so love to hear your opinions too!

What is gossip really?
How has it affected you?
How has it affected your friends/family/acquaintances?
How do you deal with gossip?
What experiences have you had with gossip?
Is gossip always a bad thing?
How have you seen kind words affect you or others?

Your input will totally help with my project so...please feel free to share stories!



2 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at you fancy pants!!! You are such a techie!!! How did you figure out how to make such a cool blog!?!? I love it!! :)
K.... you probably don't really want my opinion... but here it is anyway:
1. Gossip is when people say unkind things about others, or divulge confidences shared with them to others.
2. I have gossiped too much and I feel badly about it.
3. I have had some family members and friends who have been gossiped about and been hurt badly.
4. The best way to deal with gossip, I think, is to say nothing at all.
5. I think gossip is a bad thing 99% of the time. Unless you are gossiping about something positive... but then I don't really think it's gossip.
6. Kind words have an amazing affect on people. It's amazing what one little word of praise can do. When my employers give me praise it makes me feel so good about myself and makes me want to be an even better employee to live up to their expectations of me!! :)
Sorry... I don't have any stories... Cool project though. You're the best CASEY!!! <3 ya!

Unknown said...

actually I really do want your opinion!! thanks for responding! It makes me so excited. haha :)
YOU are the best!!