Saturday, November 3, 2012

runnin runnin and runnin runnin


today I ran a half marathon.
my roommate Katie ran it with me (she is so wonderful!!)
it was so fun to have someone to run with and talk to...and stay motivated!
it was my first race and it won't be my last!!

the race we ran is called the Pocatello "Just Cuz" half marathon
it was kind of crazy town.
it is like a fun-run for all of the hard core runners
so for them, it was a party. In fact, at mile 11 there is "temptation table" where they have hostess snacks, candy and...alcohol. 
no joke. 
we got there and they were like, "do you want a shot of Jack Daniel's?" I wanted to be like, 
"are you kidding me? do you see my sweater? I'm a BYU-Idaho DAD!!!" haha
but I just politely declined, grabbed a couple red vines and was on my way again

it was great.
and boy do I feel great!

suddenly, i love running.




p.s. shout out to my awesome aunt and uncle who let us spend the night at their house the night before!! Yay for family! :)

No comments: